Dear Friend of BRAVO,
BRAVO remains steadfast in bringing life-saving and critical services statewide to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex (LGBTQI) survivors of violence and our communities, regularly traveling to all areas of the state as needs arise. In a time where we are experiencing an escalation of anti-LGBTQI hate and bias violence, it is vital to support our communities and survivors of violence.
We provide free direct services and support to victims throughout Ohio. No matter the need: crisis intervention, police liaison assistance, courtroom/legal advocacy, medical advocacy, support groups, street safety, self-defense, and violence documentation, BRAVO has our state covered.
BRAVO also works to increase the capacity of mainstream organizations to respond appropriately to LGBTQI violence by providing trainings to service providers, law enforcement and court personnel. In addition to providing the above services, BRAVO works continuously with local communities, businesses, and service providers on LGBTQI violence prevention.
In the past year BRAVO, has been busy all over Ohio providing lifesaving and life affirming services and support:
It is time to unite against hatred and violence. Your financial support will help sustain the above momentum of strong and timely service that BRAVO has established with the LGBTQI communities and those in
need at a crucial time in their lives. Please consider sponsoring one of the following BRAVO activities:
- $10 pays for bus passes for survivors to get to shelter
- $40 pays for 100 safety whistles – BRAVO signature outreach item - we gave out over 10,000 last year
- $100 covers the cost for BRAVO to provide for emergency clothing and/or household needs for a survivor
- $150 covers the cost of providing one month of helpline services
- $250 pays for one-day of court advocacy – An average legal case can involve three or more trips to court
- $300 covers the expenses to provide a training workshop for law enforcement and other service providers
- $1,000 covers the cost of providing a five-week self-defense class
Please give generously and consider becoming part of the BRAVO sustaining community by making your donation a monthly contribution. Every donation matters when helping to restore the safety of LGBTQI victims of crime. You may contribute today with one of the following options:
Contact BRAVO directly: (614) 294-7867
Securely Online Click Here: Online Donation Page
Mail BRAVO a check: PO BOX 82068 Columbus, OH 43202
Please keep in mind it’s not too late to receive a 2016 charitable tax deduction! BRAVO is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and your contribution may be tax deductible, see your financial advisor or tax preparer for filing guidelines and instruction.
From all of us here at BRAVO thank for your consideration and please have a safe and happy holiday season!