join the CELEBRATION! – bravo reaches 2oth year
Guess who's coming to dinner 2016
Join BRAVO for a fabulous evening filled with fun and adventure as we celebrate our 20th year of service to the Ohio LGBTQI communities! Come out and experience an evening of fine dining, premier homes and engaging conversation: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner 2016 offers an intimate dining experience with 8 - 10 individuals in a private home. A touch of intrigue rounds out the appeal, as the mystery of where and with whom guests will dine will unfold that evening at the opening cocktail reception where a cash bar and lite hors d’oeuvres will be offered. The reception includes a silent auction full of fabulous must have items, and a short awards ceremony honoring and celebrating excellence in our communities. An exciting addition to the event is live entertainment by The Asia Project, an award winning and nationally acclaimed spoken word artist. At the conclusion of the opening reception attendees with dinner tickets will be given directions to their destinations, where they will join dinner hosts and fellow attendees.
In an environment of ever intensifying violence, BRAVO is asking for your support. BRAVO remains the only provider of services responding
to hate and bias violence, intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and stalking within the LGBTQI communities of Ohio. Supporting
BRAVO at this event will ensure our continued lifesaving and affirming services in our state. We at BRAVO are honored to have provided
20 years of continual service to Ohio and remain committed to offer services to our communities since 1996. These vital services include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Judgment-free support for survivors, their family, and friends, including legal, medical, and law enforcement advocacy/accompaniment
- Community-wide education, self-defense classes, and support groups
- HelpLine and crisis intervention
- Cultural competency training for first responders
- Documentation of hate crimes, intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and stalking
- Links to local law enforcement officials, attorneys, therapists, and other support services
Thank you for partnering with us to make a difference!
Guess who's coming to dinner 2016:
Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Reception at Copious: McGowan Loft - 520 South High Street, Columbus, OH 43215 - 614.947.1520
FABULOUS DINNER HOSTS:
BRAVO 2016 HONOREES:
Community Service Award: Karen Ball, Esq.
ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDED BY:
An exciting addition to the event is live entertainment by The Asia Project, an award winning and nationally acclaimed spoken word artist.
Support BRAVO today by joining us, Ticketing Options Include:
Click buttons below to purchase tickets, make a donation, and become a sponsor!Full Dinner + Reception Ticket - $125
Admission for one to an evening of fine dining with one of the amazing hosts. In addition this ticket will provide admission to the Guess Who's Coming To Dinner 2016 opening cocktail reception featuring live entertainment, a silent auction, an award ceremony, and more!Reception Only Ticket - $40
Admission to the Guess Who's Coming To Dinner 2016 opening cocktail reception with live entertainment, a silent auction, an award ceremony, and more!
If you are unable to join us please consider supporting BRAVO with a donation.
Donate: Support BRAVO
Suggested Donations: your support directly benefits BRAVO and our communities:
- $15 provides bus passes for survivors to get to shelter
- $40 provides 100 safety whistles – The BRAVO signature outreach item - we gave out over 5,000 last year
- $150 provides one month of helpline services
- $200 provides court advocacy for one-day – An average legal case can involve three or more court appearances
- $250 provides a training workshop for law enforcement and other service providers
- $500 provides a self-defense class
thank you to our amazing guess who's coming to dinner sponsors:become a sponsor today